Thursday, September 23, 2010

Where are you going?

It's only a matter of time before we stand before the Judge on that day. How do our lives reflect what He has done for us on the cross..?

All I know is that I fall short of His standards, over and over again. I can't expect to do much better - heck, I'm a sinner FAR short of His glory. My life reflects a life of selfishness, of greed, and anger -- very much the opposite of the life that Christ lived. But with God's help, my life is being turned upside down - err, right-side up, rather.

But I know this: I am redeemed. I know fully well where I'm going when I die. It still amazes me that Christ would lay down His own glory and die as a man -- yet still fully God -- for mankind. This mercy that He has given us... it's no joke, and by all means, no one should treat it as a joke. We all deserve death - nothing more. He has given us life. What more can we ask for?


So what about you? What do you make of Christ? Do you know where you'll end up when you die?

No comments:

Post a Comment