Thursday, January 20, 2011

so close

Ever since I was young, I wanted to be so much more than I could ever be. I wanted to fly and be super strong and fast; I wanted to be the man to suddenly swoop in and save the day. As I grew older, I wanted to be the shining kid in the spotlight. I wanted to be cool; I wanted to be hot. And then puberty hit me. I wanted the attention of girls in a very awkward manner (which, of course, meant a complete shunning of all those of the female gender ...I'm still not sure how that works [and I'm still not sure I've gotten over it]). I wanted to be good at things, athletics, leadership, strategy, and so on and so forth-- basically any and every-thing attractive to a 13-14 year old. 

But here I am now, barely older. So? Did I achieve any of these things? 
Heh, hardly any, and if any, maybe only just a little bit. I've gotten a whole lot closer to those goals, but heck - I'm only 16. I've got what, 50 or so (if that, or more, God willing) more years to live. I've got so many more dreams to dream, more things to wish for. 

And God sure knows, I won't stop dreaming.

Yeah. I still want to be Spiderman.

2 comments: